Most Frequent Causes of Bearing Failures
Did this bearing really fail again!? Here are a few reasons for bearing failure to consider when experiencing difficulty with your bearing:
1. Inadequate Lubrication: 54% of bearing failures are due to the lack or excess of lubrication in the bearing. The bearing should have 20% to 30% lubrication.
2. Improper Sealing: If you bearing is susceptible to contaminants, make sure it is sealed to protect it.
3. Overload or Excessive Speed
4. Damage from surrounding parts
5. Improper mounting or mishandling
6. Manufacturing defects.
Post a Comment